Magnolia Arts Center (MAC) was founded in the fall of 2005, with the dream of creating a comprehensive arts organization for the Greenville area. Within a year and a half of its creation, Magnolia provided the community with a variety of new and unique artistic offerings and continues to do so. Less than 10 years after its creation, Magnolia Arts Center moved into its home in the Perkins Complex in 2014. MAC continues to believe in the power of the arts to create community.
- To educate, entertain, and enrich our community by producing quality theater and performing arts programs that are diverse and inclusive.
- To become a center of excellence for the creation and production of theater activity in Eastern North Carolina.
- To create and maintain a hub of creative activity that is economical.
- To provide a comfortable, a safe, accessible environment for participants and patrons.
- To increase opportunities for community members to participate in quality cultural programs which showcase the artistic and creative voice of the community.
- To provide access to creative expertise, resources, and community collaboration.
- Integrity– managing the MAC to the highest of ethical standards
- Excellence – striving for the highest quality in all of our endeavors
- Community – sharing common interests and goals
- Diversity – recognizing and valuing our various differences
- Education – training and instructing individuals interested in the performing arts
- Good Stewardship – providing sound management of MAC’s financial resources
- Leadership – developing, mentoring, and nurturing life skills, i.e., self-esteem, respect for others, in the creative arts community
- Volunteerism – giving time, talent, and resources for the betterment of the organization and our community
Current Board of Directors
- President: Laurie Maloney
- Vice President: Stephen Harding
- Secretary: Deborah Thompson
- Co – Treasuers: JoAnn Williams & Alan Gill
- At Large: Brian Delong, Collice Moore, Jr., Cam Scales, Janice Schreiber, Theresa Warren, Marlo Holsten, Amy Calhoun
- To contact any of our board members, you may email us at email@example.com or calling us at 888-MAC-EVNT
Where is the MAC?
The Magnolia Arts Center is currently located at 1703 East 14th Street in Greenville at the former Teen Center next to the Perkins Athletic Complex.
If I were to mail you something, where would I send it?
Magnolia Arts Center
P.O. Box 20471
Greenville, NC 27858