CELEBRATING 11 YEARS OF ORIGINAL 10-MINUTE PLAYS!!
This year is the 11th Annual Play Writing Contest
First Prize is $50, as voted by a live audience. For questions or problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Period: January 1 – April 30, 2016
Judging: Three judges will read through all of the submissions and select the top five 10-Minute plays. Each of these will be performed and then the audience will vote on their favorite.
- Scripts can be submitted through the online form or via mail. If submitted via mail, you must submit THREE copies of your script.
- Play should be no longer than 10 minutes in length when read or performed.
- Play should be typed and double-spaced.
- Play must have the completed submission form, one per entry. Printed and included with mailed submissions, or simply complete the online form with electronic submissions.
- Title of play and page numbers should be on EACH page.
- Do not include the playwright’s name on scripts, only on the submission form. (If names appear on the script pages, your entry WILL be disqualified)
- Play must be submitted between the dates of January 1 and April 30, 2016.
- For electronic submissions, this must be sent during the Submission Period.
- For postal entries, they must be postmarked during the Submission Period.
- Play may not have been previously published. (Online submission to other contests and publication on personal websites are fine. Cannot have been published in a magazine, e-magazine or otherwise available in print)
- Musicals and adaptations of other author’s works not eligible.
- Open to playwrights of all ages!!! Minors will need Parent/Guardian’s consent.
- $5.00 fee per ENTRY, not per playwright! $7.00 for electronic submission (increased fee covers the cost of printing)
|To Enter by Postal Mail:
||To Electronically Submit:
* If you have any problems with the submission process, please email us at email@example.com
- Submission of an entry will authorize the MAC to reproduce and perform your entry with no royalties (for the purpose of furthering our Mission or to substantiate our existence as a Not-for-Profit entity). All subsequent publication and other ownership rights will be retained by the author. In all cases, the author will be fully notated and credited.
- The submission form is not monitored during off-times. Early or late submissions will not be accepted.
Download Forms by clicking image below: